InMark’s Tips for SEO writing
Just as inMark is a business, so are search engines. That means they want to make money. But, that won’t happen by promoting unprofessional sites to the top of consumer searches. Search engine web crawlers track what users want to read. That means conversational, clear and concise articles will ultimately win the race. Content that is difficult to understand will create nothing but failed views.
1. Focus on the “goings-on” of your article- One of the most important components of your SEO article is your material. Whether you’re trying to get to the top of the search or not, content should be your number one
- Repeat: Keywords should be repeated 4-8 times, but don’t over-stuff your story with them. Some web crawlers will mark you negatively for overusing keywords.
- Introduce: Introductions and conclusions are essential to the success of your SEO article. Introductions should include a brief summary to the story and conclusions should repeat the key aspects of your article.
- Check: Misspellings and bad sentences will severely decrease your views. Web crawlers can’t read poorly worded sentences and grammatical errors. Even if they could, they wouldn’t promote poorly written content to the top of searches.
- Graphics: Photos, sidebars, graphs and charts are all added bonuses that will increase the views on your page.
2. Use authoritative sites- cautiously but consistently.
- Hyperlinking: Hyperlinks are your friends, especially if you are linking to highly respected and valued sites and articles. Authoritative outside sources are imperative to getting your article to the top of a search.
- Three: Link to at least three relevant pages in each of your stories.
3. Format your content- The longer people stay on your page, the more likely they are to search around. Lists keep people focused on the keys of your article. They’re easier to understand and cause less stress for the reader.
- Subheadings: With SEO writing, lists are your best friend. Lists should include subheadings and bolded headings. They tell the reader what each section is going to explain.
- Bold: Make the subheadings stand out. It’s easier on the reader to figure out what sections to read.
- Numbers: Lists with numbers get clicks. When using numbered lists, use odd numbers. Odd numbered lists get more views.
4. Headlines that get to the point- A failed headline is a failed article. If it doesn’t get to the point, no one will click on it. Make them clear; make them keyword loaded.
- Character rule: Headlines are the most important words in your article. But, that doesn’t mean there should be a lot of words. Keep headlines under 65 characters, because search engine web crawlers won’t index anything more.
- Active: Stay in the active voice and use concrete keywords that people would actually search. Think about how you would use search engines. Most people use fragments to enter a search. That’s why keywords are so important.
- Front Load: Most relevant words should always come first.
- Clear: Cleverness doesn’t win here. Clarity and accuracy are the most important components of a successful SEO headline.
SEO content is important to the online success of businesses big and small. However, many fall short when they attempt it. Keep your headlines clear and concise, format your article into lists, employ subheadings (especially bolded ones) and link to authoritative sites. Follow these key tips and your business may be a successful SEO-content business.